Careers at Action Stations
There's no such thing as a dull day at Action Stations. Whether its action adventure, education, events, science or the Royal Navy - wherever your passions lie, you'll relish the diversity and magic that make a career at Action Stations totally unique.
Permanent Attractions Visitor Host/Technician
Salary £16,477.50 per annum plus enhancement of £2.00 per hour for Technician duties
Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust currently has a vacancy for a Permanent Attractions Visitor Host/Technician. This is a full-time permanent post and the successful applicant will work 5 out of 7 days, and be worked on an annualised hours system, including evenings and weekends. A keen interest in the Technical aspects of the job is essential and any previous technical experience is welcomed.
Main duties will involve:
1. Acting as Duty Technician when required
2. Acting as Conference Technician for special events when required.
3. Acting as Projectionist for No.6 Cinema when required.
4. Welcoming and orientating visitors and checking tickets on entry.
5. Working on the Laser Quest arena, briefing and marshalling participants, operating the till and handling cash.
6. Operating all Action Stations exhibits and displays and ensuring that participants are enjoying themselves safely.
7. Operating the Mast Climbing Experience in BH4 when required.
8. Assisting with workshops, corporate events, education visits, birthday parties and other events as necessary.
9. Operating the cinema and running the Action Stations film, Command Approved.
10. Keeping Action Stations clean and tidy and in a presentable state for visitors.
11. Moving furniture to any designated area within Action Stations, in preparation for special events.
12. All posts are subject to a satisfactory DBS Certificate and receiving Naval Security clearance.
To apply for this position, applicants should send a CV and covering letter to
Will Beasley, Attractions Operations Manager at:
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date – Tuesday 11th April 2017
Interviews – Friday 14th April 2017